Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Jim[_21_] Jim[_21_] is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

dadiOH wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Robert wrote:
Welcome to 2009. The year we lose our TV signals.

[....]
Progress.

Progress? The reason for the change from analog to digital is money,
nothing more. It allows removal of some VHF and UHF from TV use thereby
enabling those friendly, caring folks in Washington to peddle the freed up
frequencies. The feds get billions

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/politics/story/58733.html

$174,000 X 535 senators and representatives = 93090000 dollar laugh...

....and the manufacturers get to sell new,
"improved" TV sets. Wide screen ones at that (another useless
"innovation").

using the public's natural desire to covet and crave coupled with
their gluttonous inherent appetite for the newest toys has long
been the means by which industry has been able to keep the cash
flowing into their coffer.