Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Ann Ann is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:46:11 -0600, Robert wrote:

Welcome to 2009. The year we lose our TV signals. What a way to start
the year, knowing in another month and a half, we will lose our tv
reception, unless we subscribe to costly cable or satellite tv. ...

What cable TV? (Nor is the southern horizon accessible from my house.)
But, except for those who don't have winter, we aren't going to know
for sure how this will play out until the trees have leafed out this
spring.

The one possibility is that "white space" (TV Band) devices will work out
and be reasonably priced. That way we would be able to download at least
some TV programs. I'm not holding my breath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Spaces_Coalition