Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Seventeen Pounds

aemeijers wrote:

That probably works for little dogs.
You have never seen a dog pick up a cat and shake it until the neck
breaks I guess.

No, but I have seen a ten-pound tomcat embarrass big dogs on numerous
occasions. Unless the Big Dog utterly blindsides them, most adult
cats have the agility and speed to quickly land a telling blow. And of
course, if the dog and cat in question share the same roof, the cat
usually establishes the pecking order early on. (Hey dog? I know where
you sleep, dog. Be nice to me, or wake up with a shredded nose....)

Agreed. Further, cats DO have some defensive capabilities. A cat, for short
distances, can hit 30 mph. Cats can also climb to avoid a fight.

Still, there are some dogs who are impervious to pain, devious to a fault,
and belive their mission in life is to kill or maim any living thing they
can find (i.e., pit bulls) that's not a member of their pack. Dogs are pack
animals and genetically programmed to attack (the pack has the best chance
of survival if all its members attack the prey).

This latter attribute is why hungry alligators in Florida need only come up
out of the drainage ditch near a retirement condo to get a free meal.
Presently some lap dog will get in the 'gator's face, barking ferociously!

Down the hatch!