Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default New tape measure - odd 'feature'

HI Dave

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 11:09:44 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Is the metal protrusion on the left just a poorly-punched-out hole - or
is it there a reason ? (before I take a hammer to it!)

Looks to me like a poorly punched hole but the back of it is still flush
with the hook, so where has the metal sticking out the front come from? I
suspect you'll find two discs in there if you whack it clear.

From other responses on this thread - looks as if this is a 'feature'
rather than a 'defect' - though my first instinct was 'bad pressing'....

The photo isn't all that clear - but it looks as if the 'magnetic' piece
is actually pressed into a hole in the tab - and checking with a ruler
suggests that the datum for the tab is actually the front face of the
raised disk....

Thanks
Adrian