Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Leaking cistern

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:14:54 GMT, Cicero
wrote:

You only need to turn the top part by about 5 degrees (no great force
needed) so the float arm shouldn't be in the way. The lower part of the
assembly stays in place.

See my second reply for a bit more information.

Cic.

I've removed the top part. See revised pics (scroll down) at
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/cistern/index.html

But the black seal appears pristine!

The syphon is indeed marked "AMSTD FASTPART" on the side.

Is this seal available on the internet? I checked on the Fastpart site
and could only see repair kits. I only need this one seal. When you
said it might be available at B&Q, did you mean just the seal or the
whole syphon unit?

Thanks again!

MM