Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Grizzly Compliment

"B A R R Y" wrote

Han wrote:

I used to buy new cars. Some 10 or 12 years ago I decided I could not
afford the car I wanted as a new one, and bought second hand. The
experience was good, so I repeated it almost 4 years ago. I guess that
is part of being somewhat more frugal with incrreasing age.

It also makes a ton of sense if you can find what floats your boat.

Cars, as in all currentcars, are of excellent quality now, and will
probably last far longer than they are stylish.

I prepared some educational/marketing materials for a guy who taught folks
how to sell cars. I learned some things from his unique perspective. The
biggest thing was that all new cars are identical and all used cars are
unique. Now that may have been from a salesman perspective in terms of
pricing. But it tells a lot.

From my perspective, it is hard to find new cars that I really like. Sure,
if you want basic transportation or utility, there is a lot out there. But
in terms of true style, not so much. And when you factor in the price, used
style will cost you a lot less than new style. And it looks/feels better to
me.