Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default CALL BLUE STAKE

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Because you don't want a $100K bill for hitting that trunk telephone
cable, or $10M when you hit the oil pipeline and the burning oil flood
you started burns down three houses and a dozen cars...

Or worse, you don't want to be going to funerals when someone bores
into a 15KV power feeder that "isn't there". DAMHIKT to the max.

Ah, I remember a crew doing test wells around the plant. I was the enviromental contact
so I got to babysit them.

I walked them around the site, pointed out the underground 14.4Kv line, the main water
line and where we had NG gas lines coming in. Seems like that stuff should have already
been flagged by calling ahead.

Anyway, they did their drilling and at one point, a very agitated driller ran me down to
look at a hole they were drilling. They pulled up something black and round and acted
like it was my error that they drilled there.

I took a look, and saw Gates before I got that close and yanked on it. Well, they figured
out what it was after I ripped it out of the ground. Used to be a underground storage
tank there. Some one dumped some trash in the hole in the past.

Wes