Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default New cab;e colours

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:
It has blue (neutral) brown (live) green and yellow (earth) and then
a black core. What does this indicate?
That's presumably a flex?
Yes, that's correct.
The extra colour could be a switched circuit - but there's no real
standard for this. And if it is a flex, these colours aren't new, but
some 30 years old. ;-)
So if it is a switched live, it will need a red sleeve on it then.
If flex, brown would be correct. Best not to mix standards.

Oh ****. I forgot! Can I buy brown sleaving?

The same place that once sold red will now sell brown.

I dunno if the sheds sell short overpriced lengths like they do with
green/yellow, though.

My brain must be more dead than I thought :-(

Many thanks to you and Andrew for pointing out the obvious.

Dave