Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrocuted from neutral

Back in 1975 I was a brand new service tech just out of high school
and fresh from manufactuers training, I was nervous but wanted to do
EVERYTHING just right!

Went to a stock broker in downtown pittsburgh working by reception
desk and this gorgeous beautiful model type who was the
receptionist.....

long blonde hair, big heels and short dress, but tasteful she
decorated the office'

Anyhow In servicing the machine I followed my new training closely

INTENTIONALLY overheated the machine to test the safety switches,
which worked fine. let the machine cool, crouched down to reach the
reset switch.

pushed it and a ball of fire came out of machine, no electric shock
but stunned I went from crouched down to flat out on floor, looking up
gals dress.

The entire office of perhaps 50 people went silent, probably thinking
someone just died, and fireball was large the click clak of
typewriters stopped you could hear a pin drop

Dumb blonde kept asking if I was electrocuted.... third time she asked
I was getting up and said if I were I wouldnt be talking to you

Anyhow didnt know what I did wrong I finished fast got out of there
and went back to our office, when I told my boss what happened he said
call the guy who trained you.... Hey I get to call chicago on this
job.

Trainer when told of my excitement said after you guys left we
realized we forgot to tell you guys to always unplug machine before
resetting! otherwise a fire ball will come out of machine

Well it does and it did we agreed he should call the other trainees,
and warn them

its rare to remember a specific thing that happened so long ago.

excitement wise it ranks right up there with the day I ran a borrowed
gasoline garden tiller into the service entrance of our house