Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Troubleshooting a small LCD TV

wrote in :

We have a Zenith L15V26D TV in the kitchen. It crapped out yesterday.
We were watching it, and it simply lost power. It can't be turned on
by the button or the remote.

Of course I checked the GFI outlets first, then I measured 120 VAC in
the power cord itself.

Should I bother? Or is it just done for?
Is it worth taking apart and checking fuses?

depends;
how old is the TV,what level of electronic troubleshooting skills(and
tools) do you have? How much are you willing to spend?

I don't really want to shell out for a service manual if it's just
plain dead.

how old is the TV? It may be electrolytic caps gone bad(ESR).

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik