Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

Owain wrote:
Rod wrote:
But there are problems - such as what happens when a pharmacy is out
of stock, especially on a multi-item prescription. Because you cannot
then simply take it to the next pharmacy for fulfilment.

But the pharmacy should then be able to do a live stock enquiry of all
the other local pharmacies :-) and electronically forward the order.

I really wonder why the public sector lags so far behind. If Argos /
Tesco / Amazon can do it, why can't gov.uk?

And special instructions (e.g. as mentioned in another post, being
willing to accept only one 'brand' of a generic) - which cannot be
specified on an electronic prescription.

Oh. Maybe someone will invent a "notes" field some time soon.

Owain

O I do agree! But the problem with "notes" is that there is no point at
which the patient has access. (The GP would not do this - it is just a
courtesy that some pharmacists will go the extra mile to ensure same brand.)

But even the main on-line companies do have bad points. I can't help
contrasting Toolstation's dynamic stock check at a specific branch with
Screwfix's 'if you really care, ring us'.

If anyone is interested, there is quite a lot of info he

http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/systemsandservices/eps/faq

--
Rod

onset.