Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Refilling CH system

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
et...
On 01/01/2009 14:03 John wrote:

Sorry - you said (just) the "highest" one. This would leave air trapped
in every other radiator (assuming they are conventionally plumbed and the
bottom.

I assumed that the OP would realise that after 'the highest' was full of
water, then the rest would have to be bled in turn.

However, when I drain the system down I turn off the valves at both ends
of every radiator that may empty, apart from the highest, before I start
draining. That way all radiators bar that one are full and refilling is
much faster and simpler.

Good idea - and saves introducing more lime.