Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Leaking cistern

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 15:48:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

If you can't get a seal, fitting a new siphon (of a different make)
isn't very difficult, just check what size the hole in the cistern is.
Most are 1 1/2" , some are 2". I can do them in 45 mins or so.

Almost certainly 2". Last one I came across I ended up buying a couple[1]
of multikwiks from BES (p/n 19000) and fitting one of those

You'll need a new doughnut washer as well, but I don't know where to
get 2" ones - I ended up adding a ring of plumbers mait to the existing
donut to make sure it re-sealed (which it didn't - gotta go back there
sometime to fix :-()

[1] and keeping the other as a spare for the next time I have to deal with
a barsteward drop valve, which won't be long, I'm sure.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Teenagers: tired of being harassed by your stupid parents?
Act now! Move out, get a job and pay your own bills,
while you still know everything!