Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Grizzly Compliment

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote:

It did not matter what it was that you ordered from GM. All they were
interested in was "a" part number, right or wrong you got that part
number and it was yours to keep, or return if you had enough return
reserve built up and if it was flagged as returnable that month.
It was strictly the dealer's responsibility to decide if the part being
ordered was correct or not. I typically had 15 to 20 special order parts
per week and if you were familiar with a GM catalog before the 90's it
was a wonder that any special order part could be ordered correctly. The
Japanese on the other hand had a picture with a number that corresponded
to a listed specific part number. GM's pictures merely gave you a vague
description and a hint as to where to look in the catalog.

Typical Detroit arrangonce.

And they still don't get it.

Precisely!

I totally believe that this current economic situation that we are in is a
"correction" similar to the one that happens ever seven years or so with the
stock market. Way too many people were spending way beyond their means and
being paid way more than their equivalency of out put. It is no time for
the playing field to be leveled again.