Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Source for small parts

In message , Jon Fairbairn
writes
Mike Dodd writes:
5 years ago, maybe, nowadays... mneh! (minor rant after
looking for some machine screws from there)

www.stagonset.co.uk are good for small quantities of
stainless steel fasteners. They seem to be quite happy to
put a couple each of machine screws, nuts and washers in
ziploc bags in a jiffy bag and post them. IIRC the postage
charges are sensible too. Better than having your house fill
up with boxes containing 98 spares of some odd size of screw
that you only need to replace once in a hundred years...

It might be for Hyacinth, but personally, if I'm in the middle of a job,
I want to get it finished, not wait three days for something that you
may or may not be able to source online

I maintain a comprehensive stock of nuts screws washers and bolts (and
other punchlines) at work, but there's always something that needs a
non-standard component, so I salvage such bits when throwing equipment
out

--
geoff