Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigGirlsBlouse BigGirlsBlouse is offline

Default Identify this old bulb please

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
,
D.M. Procida wrote:
I put a picture of it at:

http://esquivalier.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=532

It says on it: Stanley 8V0.15A

It's from an old Sony radio tuner.

Where, nowadays, can one find small bulbs like this?

Maplin still appear to do some - search on 'small bulbs'. My guess the 8
volts denotes it's rather under-run for long life - that's a pretty rare
actual voltage rail for any transistor stuff. But for this sort of use
something with about the same current draw will work ok - but may not last
as long.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Its known as tubular MES (for miniature edison screw)... also knows as
T3.1/4... now the voltage looks a bit unusual, and if you are looking for a
suitable lamp 0.15A is the same as 1.2W