Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Roofs

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:
John wrote:
SNIP

we seem to be stuck in a methodology which requires all parts of a
house to be handled by hand.

I recently saw a (temporary) structure for a supermarket which was
undergoing development - it was build from foam filled aluminium
panels about 20 feet by 10 feet - and 5 inches thick. Insulation
would have been good.

Ever seen a McDonalds being built? I've seen two around here. Groundwork
is finished, huge crane & several lorries turn up and complete finished
walls are lifted into place. Never seen the roof go on, but I'd guess it
was a similar idea.

From groundwork finish to complete building seems to be a matter of days
rather than weeks or months.

I am told it has been done in fourteen days, but they normally allow
four weeks from completion of floor slab to opening, to include a week
of staff training.

The nearest thing I have seen is the assembly of a Huf Haus.

http://www.huf-haus.com/gb/intro.html