Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Advice needed. Drilling through the ground

"Pirateer guy" Dan@ wrote in message
I need to drill a hole from my basement to the drainage ditch about 15
feet. I want to run a 1 1/2" pipe for my sump pump to discharge water
from the basement to the ditch.
How can I drill a hole through the ground? Don't want to dig up the
drive way.
An ideas?

Jack it. Google pipe jacking. It's especially easy if you can brace the
hydraulic or mechanical jack from the opposite basement wall. Just push a
pipe through in short sections. Same as Gunner's idea but he's young and
likes all that manual labor. I'm old and I just want to move a handle on a
hydraulic valve. I've seen it done with a log splitter for power.