Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
ransley ransley is offline

Default animal noise above first floor of 2-story home

On Dec 31, 1:22*pm, ap wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:47*pm, "clint" wrote:

"ap" wrote in message

Hello all,
We live in a 2-story home with an attic here in Georgia. Typically,
this time of year, we used to hearnoisescoming from the attic due to
rats/squirrels getting in the openings.

Nowadays, though, I'm also hearingnoisescoming from above the first
floor. It seems like some animals have gotten in above the first
floor.

My question is: how can they get in? and are there gaps/openings for
them to get in ? What is in between floors?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I just need to be knowledgeable on
the house. Looking at it from the outside, it's not obvious.

Any links to good house diagrams diagrams appreciated...

And is there a solution to preventing this?

Thank you!

I had a racoon in the attic once. It was not about to leave without a fight.
I know better than to fight a full grown racoon. *Solution....I put a light
and radio just inside the door and left it for a couple of days.
Result....no more racoon and I was then able to seal off the entry point.