Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Frequency of ESR measurements

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:48:42 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My Bob Parker meter works at around 100kHz ...

Arfa

The following diagram and flowchart indicate that, at least for the
Mark 2 design, the capacitor under test is pulsed with 8us constant
current pulses repeated every 500us:

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...100895_3mg.jpg
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...100895_2mg.jpg

- Franc Zabkar

That does appear to be so. Without looking it up, I just had it fixed in my
head that it was around 100kHz. With the fact that it is a highly asymmetric
waveform, duty factor-wise, I guess that it's hard to quote it as an actual
frequency. It's sort of 100+ kHz 'width' pulses, repeated at a frequency of
2kHz ...

Arfa