Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default How to open Dell E173FPC LCD Monitor

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:44:09 -0800 (PST), put finger to
keyboard and composed:

On 31 Dec, 00:07, Gnack Nol wrote:

snip

Thanks for the advice Gnack.

I also got anothe rlink to a repair info site for a similar monitor at

http://syscon.wordpress.com/2007/07/...klight-repair/

This from Kelvin at Micro-Lite (www.micro-lite.biz)

He sells backlights in the UK and gave me some good advice (ie, he
thinks it probably isn't the backlight, and I can probably get the
parts cheaper on ebay than from him!)

I have orderered some replacement transistors from a guy on ebay and
will try and source some replacement caps also.

Oh dear. The article you referenced is suggesting that you replace the
original 2SC5707 lo-sat switching transistors with MJE3055 audio
frequency transistors. That's a very bad idea.

Here in Australia you can get the originals for around a few dollars
each. Be sure to replace the electrolytic capacitors, and reflow the
solder at each of the coils and transformers.

Here is the datasheet for the transistor:
http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/sanyo/2SC5707.pdf

BTW, I've repaired a similar fault in a Dell (= Benq) LCD monitor,
model E172FPb.

- Franc Zabkar