Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default How to open Dell E173FPC LCD Monitor

On 31 Dec, 00:07, Gnack Nol wrote:

snip

Thanks for the advice Gnack.

I also got anothe rlink to a repair info site for a similar monitor at

http://syscon.wordpress.com/2007/07/...klight-repair/

This from Kelvin at Micro-Lite (www.micro-lite.biz)

He sells backlights in the UK and gave me some good advice (ie, he
thinks it probably isn't the backlight, and I can probably get the
parts cheaper on ebay than from him!)

I have orderered some replacement transistors from a guy on ebay and
will try and source some replacement caps also.

The trick for opening the monitor case was to use a flat blade
screwdriver and starting at the bottom seam twist while pushing in
quite hard. Then do the sides, then you cap just open the top without
the use of the screwdriver.

I will give an update to let you know if I get it working.

Thaks again folks!