Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Grizzly Compliment

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
news
"10x" wrote:

I received a small order yesterday from Grizzly for a threaded insert
to fit my Jet lathe. It was only $7.95, but the shipping and handling
was for $8.20!

Well, the insert arrived. However, it was a left hand thread. Now to
figure out who screwed up, me or them. Well, it was me. I never saw the
(LH) in the part number when I placed the order.

Very early in my career, learned to never order by part number alone, but
rather use the phrase, "Similar to Part Number except", then give a
written description of the device.

Yeah I don't think you can do that any more, especially if you are ordering
lots of inventory. GM really could care less what information you provided
along with the part number, they shipped the part number, period. And that
was as late as the late 70's.