Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly Compliment

"10x" wrote:

I received a small order yesterday from Grizzly for a threaded
insert
to fit my Jet lathe. It was only $7.95, but the shipping and
handling
was for $8.20!

Well, the insert arrived. However, it was a left hand thread. Now to
figure out who screwed up, me or them. Well, it was me. I never saw
the
(LH) in the part number when I placed the order.

Very early in my career, learned to never order by part number alone,
but rather use the phrase, "Similar to Part Number except", then give
a written description of the device.

Forces the factory to read and enter order correctly or call back and
clear up any differences before entering order.

Saves a lot of possibly very expensive mistakes.

Lew