Posted to rec.woodworking

Default dado blade storage

Upscale wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Shims" are made from cardboard and are used to get an exact width
dado.

"Spacers" are a clear plastic circles that interlock with the blade
and/or chipper to insure that the carbide teeth do not come in contact
with metal.

Ok then, I've learned something new. In any event, I didn't receive
either. As far as what I was recommending from Lee Valley, I had shims on
my mind.

My CMT set came with a set of plastic shims in various thicknesses.
They've held up well for the past 12 years.