Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default dado blade storage

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote:

Correct, the Forrest dado set is that way also. Still the Forrest set is
all stored on a bolt. If you store them the same way you stack them on
the arbor there will be no problem.

Freud provides spacers.

Since it costs money to provide them, they evidently think they are
necessary.

Lew

You have a point however the OP is looking for ideas of how to build a
storage container. While Freud does indeed provide a nice storage container
IMHO it would not protect the blades during shipping "with out" the spacers.
Freud's method of storage requires the spacers. The Forrest method uses a
bolt and nut to securely hold every thing in place during shipping and
during normal storage. If the Op chooses to loosely stack the blades in a
custom fitted depression in the storage container similar to the Freud
storage container I would also suggest using the protective spacers.
Because I did mention looking at the Forrest Dado King Storage container for
an idea, the use of spacers would not be necessary with most any brand dado
set.