Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oh, MY! (Chevalier metal press)

I couldn't find any presses ever made by Chevalier/Falcon.

I could find EDMs, mills, VMCs, HMCs, surface grinders... but no
presses.

I took the 200-mile trip.

Oh, MY! Wish me luck on the bid (I think [hope] I will get it).
Actually, I think I will.

It's a shop-clearing sealed-bid auction for a bunch of stuff that
works, and one thing that doesn't. It's missing a motor. Nobody was
bidding on anything broken, except me. Hell, they weren't even
LOOKING at anything missing any parts.

It's a Chevalier/Falcon FM-32HP CNC mill with an Anilam 3000 package
hooked (all three axes) and with 3-axis contouring software, power
drawbar, power quill feed, (of course) ball-screw drives all-round,
all the scales, and a little surface rust on the table from being
parked on the loading dock during a short rain. 3HP 3ph spindle,
mechanically variable speed (not step pulleys), 10x50 with 16" ram,
18" knee, 5" quill travels. 3485lb of well made (Taiwanese)
industrial-grade box-way knee mill. Will handle 948lb workpieces.

$150.00 minimum bid (yeah, I got the decimal in the right place).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Winner notified Friday morning.

I might be CNC-ing it in five or six months.

LLoyd