Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Sanford & Sons Junk Yard

AL A wrote:

You are likely right Joe. This is a common Bogen/manfrotto tripod, I
can't recall the model right now, but it is not one of the very high-end
or exotic models.

But aren't we missing the whole point here? Why would I BUY a twenty
dollar part when I can spend easily two hundred dollars worth on my time
to make one on the thousands of dollars worth of machines I have in my
garage?

Your logic seems perfectly normal to me. Everytime I use my tools to make something or
fix something I recoup my investment and provide myself cheap entertainment.

Wes