Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 00:46:57 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

With repeat prescriptions it is possible to get the form
collected, given to the doctor, prescription made up and delivered
without leaving ones armchair.

Form? I can renew repeat prescriptions by email.

You are damned lucky, I don't think ours have even heard of email.
We used to be able to ring them for repeat prescriptions, but they stopped
us doing that.
Now, I have to walk 1/2 mile to pop note through their letterbox if I want a
repeat.
Also, I used to be able to wait in the surgery for a prescription but since
they put records on computer we now have to give 48 hours notice.

At my last doctor's surgery there was a notice insisting on "48
working hours notice" for repeat prescriptions.

In true receptionist style, they didn't understand when I tried to
explain to them that that would be over a week, so I changed my
doctor.

At least the receptionists here _do_ have a life.

And smile occasionally :-)

--
Frank Erskine