Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Price Of Lightbulbs

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:

He's a Luddite. Firstly the CRT image is distorted compared to an LCD,
Only on cheap ones. It's not impossible to make the geometry of a 4:3
CRT as good as any LCD.

Are you seriously telling me that on a CRT you can get linearity,
collimation and pincushion adjusted at all points on the screen to less
than 0.1% error?

I have never seen one that good. All LCDs are.

I'm sure the paper specs will be better - they always are. Not the same as
perceived, though. And the lack of a true black is something an LCD can
never cure. Plus the different gamma in the backgrounds.

You aren't answering my point. You said that "It's not impossible to
make the geometry of a 4:3 CRT as good as any LCD". It is that
statement that I dispute.

The colour of LCD vs CRT is a matter of taste and dispute; I do not
intend to discuss it.

Andy