Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

In article ,
Bruce wrote:

I would imagine that John Lewis is a good company to work for. The
staff always seem genuinely pleasant and know what they are selling.

The thing I like most about John Lewis is not so much that their
staff know what they are selling - more that their staff are
willing to say "I don't know" when asked something that they
don't know instead of trying to bull**** their way out of the
question (something I think Comet staff must be specially
trained to do!).

I much prefer a "I'm sorry, i don't know. Let me try to find out
for you" honest answer over some idiot trying to read the
shelf edge label over my shoulder and making it up.

Quite the opposite of Tesco.

Tesco seems to be very variable depending on what store it
is (presumably, how much the manager gives a toss I guess).

The large Sainsburys here in Folkestone is amazingly poor.
We've given up completely (likewise the new Asda).

Darren