Posted to uk.d-i-y
geraldthehamster geraldthehamster is offline

Default Garden Erection

On 30 Dec, 13:42, "Dave Baker" wrote:

Not really. Your quality of view is not a legal issue and a shed doesn't
require planning permission.

It sounds as if the shed was constructed as a temporary building, for
which see

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1995/Uks...4.htm#IDATGE3D

"Permitted development A. The provision on land of buildings,
moveable structures, works, plant or machinery required temporarily in
connection with and for the duration of operations being or to be
carried out on, in, under or over that land or on land adjoining that
land [...] Conditions A.2 Development is permitted by Class A
subject to the conditions that, when the operations have been carried
out (a) any building, structure, works, plant or machinery permitted
by Class A shall be removed"

So it no longer has permission as permitted development as a temporary
building, and has to satisfy the normal conditions for a garden
building.

Is the shed one metre away from the boundary, less than four metres
high to the apex, and fifty feet away from the nearest road? I believe
all those criteria need to be met for a shed or garage to fall under
permitted development. I think that's right but haven't hunted it out
and re-checked it.

Regards
Richard