Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:46:06 +0000, Bruce wrote:

I think the 2007 annual bonus, paid in March 2008, averaged something
like 20% of annual salary, which is a pretty good incentive.

That is good, as long as the basic salary is competitive.

The 2008
bonus will be much lower because sales struggled to match the record
2007 figures and in quite a few months they fell well short.

And that's fair enough. Money cannot be "created from nowhere"

I would imagine that John Lewis is a good company to work for. The
staff always seem genuinely pleasant and know what they are selling.

Quite the opposite of Tesco.

Dunno, here (Leeds) our John Lewis is a couple of years away. Tesco we
have, and I always assumed they just paid no more than they have to.

Derek