Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

OG wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
In message , John
wrote

Having ventured into the shops just before Xmas (to avoid the Dog
House!), I
came away feeling they deserve their plight.

Coupled with a trip to the pub:
Wanting a pint and finding yourself behind someone ordering 6 meals
with combinations which are not set up on the till.
Getting behind someone and the debit card machine is playing up.
Standing in the "invisible" spot waiting to order.
Not wanting to interrupt the serving-kids who are chatting amongst
themselves and avoiding giving you eye-contact.
Unpolished brassware - shabby toilets - sticky tables.

That'll teach you to go into a JD Wetherspoon pub, or maybe not as
the 'staff'' are usually too busy polishing that brassware to serve
anyone. Why do these pub chains still employ McDonald's rejects
as managers and staff?

We've never had less than really good service from Wetherspoon's
staff, but we generally only go there for breakfast, so it's less
busy, and always clean and tidy.

The breakfast is OK, its the old gits sitting round drinking pints at 10 in
the morning that puts we off. How can you drink beer at that time of day?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk