Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Garden Erection

"Rob" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Thought that might grab your attention.

snip
So I'm going to write him a letter - far easier to use moderate

language.
But before I do are there any legal points I could threaten him with?

;-)
You could just ask your landlord to intervene - they often mediate in
such circumstances.

Rob

I suspect that would require Mr Plowman to sell his house to another

party
and then rent it back off them to get this sort of mediation.

Local authorities will usually come to the aid of ex-tenants - no need
to sell. Assuming Dave exercised his Right to Buy ;-)

In point of fact, local authority planners can be very good mediators
once the notion that all they do is 'enforce' has been overcome. And the
council housing department might have someone who could help private
sector bods.

Rob

The Neighbourhood Safety Team (AKA ASBO team / pantomine policemen) also
offer a mediation service. However they are usually arrive about 6 months
too late to start realistic mediation and make a total balls up of anything
that they try.

Adam