Posted to uk.d-i-y
Xenu The Enturbulator Xenu The Enturbulator is offline

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
John wrote:

I think I will shop on the internet and drink at home.

Join the club...;-)

A bunch of us at work went down to the new TGI Friday's in Belfast. Yes,
I know it's a chain, but I've been in the ones in Glasgow and Birmingham
and they've been just fine, so I figured it would be something similar.
Not brilliant, but at least good enough and predictable.

Turned out to be wrong. The menu was not what we expected, and when we
raised this with the manager he shrugged and said "well, what do you
want me to do about it?". You would have thought it was in his gift to
offer some free drinks or a 5% discount to stop us getting ****ed off -
but no.

The comments earlier about not knowing how to run a business are very
true. A lot people working in retail do not seem to understand that
their jobs flow directly from the paying punters coming through the
door, and helping the punters and encouraging them to buy their stuff
there translates into more revenue and safer jobs. We don't have John
Lewis over here yet, but it looks like they are the only major UK chain
which seems to understand this .. ?