Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

Frank wrote:

I also hate Tesco, they have huge signs which lie about being open 24hours.
They are on 4 or 5 days a week at a push, so why stack shelves and leave
huge trolleys and loose packaging in the way at 6pm at night. The checkout
people are just as bad, turning around having conversations amongst
themselves. I was told I was only allowed 4 carrier bags so piled a trolley
full of shopping in and they broke. So I stood there slowly taking ech item
out and waited until a manager come over to say I could have more. The
ignorant woman tried to continue to serve people so it took me longer.
They just don't get it. Price fixing and wild claims of sales and the
dreaded -
"HALF PRICE" is just to attract silly women and pensioners. They fight
to grab and buy items then wonder why as they didn't want them. They
just saw "half price" and went in to some frenzy.

My favourite Tesco-ism of the moment is their claim to have custard
cheaper than Morrisons. (78p instead of 79!) And completely ignoring the
BOGOF which actually makes Morrisons only a smidgen over half the price.
But they all do that...

--
Rod

onset.