Posted to rec.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

Default Grizzly Compliment

I received a small order yesterday from Grizzly for a threaded insert
to fit my Jet lathe. It was only $7.95, but the shipping and handling
was for $8.20!

Well, the insert arrived. However, it was a left hand thread. Now to
figure out who screwed up, me or them. Well, it was me. I never saw the
(LH) in the part number when I placed the order.

I fired off an email to customer service explaining my mistake. Within
2 hours I had a phone call from them. The rep said she would have the
proper one mailed out to me ASAP at no charge to me. When I asked for
instructions on sending the wrong one back she said not to bother, and
that I should just keep it. It wasnąt worth putting me through the
expense for returning such a small item.

I've always had good luck in dealing with Grizzly... this is just icing
on the cake.

Joe

aka 10x