Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Medway tosser.

Unbeliever wrote:
Phil L wrote:
wrote:
Here`s what you get for trying to help a beginner.
Who was asking how to join 3/4" copper to 22mm fittings.
I used to think people were a bit unfair on him.Well,I`m one of
these people now.
He won`t know what a real merchant is as he won`t go into them to be
embarrassed when the counter guy asks what he wants as he obviously
hasn`t a clue.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....84bcd7f?hl=en#

Don't wish to upset any applecarts or anything, but I've been in the
building game in one form or another for 25 years and I've never
heard of a 'real merchants' neither.

And neither has yell.com, or google for that matter

Phil L,

Then you have not lived Phil :-)

Within a 12 mile radius of where I reside, there are around 5
independant plumbers merchants (not including the Plumb Center or
PTS) who literally will sell anything (in the plumbing range) from
an olive to a complete central heating system (either in bulk or
small quantities), and their staff are extremely knowledgable and
helpful along with good, competative pricing policy - and they each
seem to have specialties in different fields.
Unbeliever

I too have half a dozen decent plumbers merchants within a few miles of my
house.
The OP said 'real merchants'....I now realise he meant to say, 'real
plumbers merchants', as opposed to handymans outlets and homebase etc, but
it's not much use him moaning now, seeing as it was his mistake in the first
place.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008