Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Gas bayonet fitting

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:56:29 +0000, me9 wrote:

On 29 Dec,
Ed Sirett wrote:

3) If the fitting is to be in accessible then, I would certainly not
want a bayonet outlet hidden a way, not with standing that there most
likely will be a compression joint involved and then MUST not become
inaccessible.

Just checked the connection to my tumble drier. Bayonet outlet (1/2"bsp
from !/2"BSP to soldered (not sure if solder ring or end feed) onto 15mm
Cu. Not a compression in sight, apart from an old 22mm tee about 4m
nearer the meter.

But that would be the exception to the rule.