Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default starting diesel transit that's not run for a year...

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

Be wary of Easystart - the land on the piston above the top ring can
be broken by the excess pressure, which leads to 'Easystart
addiction'. The now reduced compression means engine will only start
with Easystart. It's ok in VERY small quantities.

I'm not saying you're wrong but ether has been used in the starting of
diesels for decades. What authoritative evidence is there of this type of
damage? If the top part of the piston breaks away you'll have a flapping
ring, from my experience it won't be long before you get repeated ring
breakage and subsequent valve bending!