Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garden Erection

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

So I'm going to write him a letter - far easier to use moderate
language.

Before you do so, do consider the potential impact if you ever want to
sell your home - one of the sections in the obligatory solicitor's
questionaire relates to arguments with neighbours, and IIRC there's a
specific question about whether you've ever written a letter to a
neighbour.

Who said anything about signing it? ;-)

I'd say that unless you *really* don't trust yourself not to lose your
cool, keep it verbal at least at first.

Used to chat to them a fair bit a few years ago - but since they got a
gardener I hardly ever see them. Except when they're having an alfresco
party. Used to see the kids in the garden when they were smaller - but
since they're now about 20 they don't play in the garden anymore - even if
they still live there.

But they're a nice enough couple - when landscaping their garden they
asked and paid to replace the fence at the back of my elderly neighbours
garden - which isn't their responsibility.

Just looking at it now from this vaulted viewing angle the roof trusses
the handyman installed have improved the appearance. If only the
tarpaulins weren't bright green. But the view from ground level hasn't
improved.

--
*Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.