Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Identify this old bulb please

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
D.M. Procida wrote:
I put a picture of it at:

http://esquivalier.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=532

It says on it: Stanley 8V0.15A

It's from an old Sony radio tuner.

Where, nowadays, can one find small bulbs like this?

Maplin still appear to do some - search on 'small bulbs'. My guess the 8
volts denotes it's rather under-run for long life - that's a pretty rare
actual voltage rail for any transistor stuff.

8VAC, when rectified, smoothed, and regulated, would be about 9VDC.

Or as someone else pointed out, it might be running at 6v for long life.

I have vague memories of kit of this era..usually a twisted pair of
wires running round the set connecting lots of lampholders, and running
off a special winding on the transformer.

But for this sort of use
something with about the same current draw will work ok - but may not last
as long.

Not if its transistor kit withe the bulbs voltage driven.