Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Water Heater?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"terry" wrote in message
A 20 minute shower is a tremendous use of energy (and time!).
If tank not leaking; a shame (and wasteful) to spend at least several

hundred dollars to have it replaced if it's a $20 to $40 repair
item!

Just curious, do you have a Prius or Inisght?

If the tank is 15 years or older, would you change your opinion?

My WH is 18 years old and while I have not repaired it, I have replaced
the T/P valve, drain valve, and anode. See no need to spend big $$$ to
replace it as it shows no signs of failing now that I've caught up on
the maintenance. (gas tanks seem to be far more expensive than electric
for some reason.) Plus if I get a new WH I'll save the valves that I
replaced for spare parts (actually, I'd install the ball drain valve in
the new heater before even turning it on.) No, I don't drive a hybrid.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel