Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] amosje@gmail.com is offline

Default Can I replace my own sewer pipe?

On Dec 30, 11:29*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 30, 1:33*pm, Bob wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm wondering what it would take to replace the section of sewer pipe
from my house to the right of way...

How do you know the pipe needs replacement? *Unscrupulous drain cleaning
services have been known to lie to customers in order to drum up
business. *Get a second opinion.

Have you read the rest of this thread?

The first (and only) opinion I've gotten is my own.

1. A well equipped plumber/inspector uses a SeeSnake or similar
camera system which goes down the sewer on a pushrod. Most of these
units can record to VHS or to some digital media. Ask to see the
inspection by camera or a recording of it.

2. The marking of the line of the sewer pipe can be done at the same
time if he is usig the kind of camera that includes a small 512 Hz
transmitter built-in. This is standard in all the SeeSnake and most
other models of piep inspection systems. The location of the camera
at any given point in time is located using a locator receiver such as
RIDGE's Scout or SR-20, or some othe rbrand that can detect the 512 Hz
frequency. Each point is marked with chalk or spray paint. You get a
neat dotted line along your yard showing you where the pipe is, if the
operator knows his business.