Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Samsung HCM Rear Projection Repair

"sw" wrote in message
I own a Samsung Rear Projection HDTV 1080i
Serial Number HCM 4216x
Svc HCM4216xx/xac
type # CM4 2X5
120 V 60 HZ 240 WATTS.

We are experiencing a colour differentation across the top of the
screen in the form of an arc. The image above this arc line is tinted
yellow,, while the rest of the screen is as it should be. I'd like to
know if there's a part I can obtain and replace without having to call
repair, most of whom want min $300,00 to fix.
I have a picture of what the screen looks like but can't attach it to
this message.

This is likely a common convergence amp failure. There is a good discussion
in the first 10 posts in the link below. Read it very carefully. If you
feel confident that you understand it, you may be able to complete the
repair your self. If not, then have a pro do it. I strongly recommend
getting a copy of the service manual in order to align the set properly. It
will need it after the repair is complete.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...e-repairs.html

Leonard