Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gnack Nol Gnack Nol is offline

Default How to open Dell E173FPC LCD Monitor

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:08:37 -0800, cpvh wrote:

I have a Dell E173FPC monitor which I think I can probebly fix (by
replacing the backlight) if I could only figure out how to get the back
off!

Can anybody let me into the secret 9and if you have replaced the backlight
on this monitor, give me some tips on that too.

Thanks

Here is a link to a site with the disassembly instructions and pictures
for the E172 which is simular to your E173.

http://www.josepino.com/other_projec...epair-dell.jpc

It looks like there are 4 lamps and most likely you have a bad power /
inverter board not lamps.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Gnack