Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default How to open Dell E173FPC LCD Monitor

wrote in news:b5659840-e914-4911-bcb7-9696adc91410
@z27g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

I have a Dell E173FPC monitor which I think I can probebly fix (by
replacing the backlight) if I could only figure out how to get the
back off!

Can anybody let me into the secret

Once you remove all the screws, most cases are held together by various
molded 'latches' on the plastic case parts that lock together with other
molded spots on the other part of the case.

Running a thin piece of tough plastic, such as a guitar pick, around the
seam will usually release the 'latches'.

I sharpen the handle of a 'disposable' plastic spoon or fork or use the
blade of a plastic knife to release the 'latches'. Cheap and some of the
plastic disposable utensils are very tough.

--
bz

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap