bummster

Default A craftsman table saw?!

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:38:52 GMT, "Wade Lippman"
wrote:

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=00924830000

This is $500, and there is a 10% discount for hardware week, or something
like that.
So it is $450 for alot of cast iron. (the router table piece is cast iron
also.)

It is only a 24" fence, but I don't expect to do much bigger than that.
The fence didn't feel as positive as the deltas or jets, but I can always go
to a better fence some day; right? (besides, that is 6" less inches I need
in my already cramped "shop".)

So, is it a gimicky piece of junk, or does it offer a lot of features for
the price. (It is a step up from the router table I am using now.)

i picked up a craftsman 10" TS that was in good shape without a blade
but with a good homebrew dust collection for 150. cast iron top, with
the cast iron web table extensions. fence could use some work, but
then again, you can set the fence, and then bring the clamps and clamp
the far end down. it's a 1.5hp belt. i plan on picking up the pals
and a link belt with pulleys from woodcraft. so 150 for saw + 25 for
pals, + 60 for belt and pulleys, a blade (40 - 100)... there's still
money left over to make or purchase a dedicated router table. throw
in a decent fence a little later, and it's a setup that will work. at
least that's what i'm counting on. =)

-danny