Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

Mark & Juanita wrote:
: mac davis wrote:

: On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:54:48 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
: wrote:
:
:On my way back from Toronto, yesterday, the outside temp gauge in my
:truck said 15 C. (Which is like 60F for those who haven't figured out
:metric yet.)( Water freezes at 0, boils at 100...now is that so hard??
:G)
: well, it's 59, but who's counting?
:
: Metric is great for wrenches and sockets.. I hate fractions..
: Oh.. and we set the AC in the bedroom to 30c at night..
:

: Problem is that your body can pretty well detect 1 degree F differences.
: Unfortunately 1 degree C is about 2 degrees F, so unless your thermostat
: gives you 1/2 degree C setting increments, it's not hard to have a
: significant discomfort factor because you can't tune the temperature as
: finely.

One of very many examples of the metric/celsius system being
less well tuned to the human body and human experience than
imperial/farenheit.

-- Andy Barss